Egg Muffins are the perfect breakfast on the go! Whether you’re headed to work, dropping your kids at school, or on your way to The Studio (MDR), this recipe will be ready to go and packed with nutrients.
½ Yellow onion, diced
4 Chicken-apple sausages, diced
1 Sweet potato, peeled and diced
½ Tsp. Himalayan pink salt
1 Tbsp. Coconut oil
1 Tbsp. Avocado oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease the muffin tray lightly with coconut oil. Set aside.
2. Place sweet potatoes on a pan and drizzle with avocado oil and Himalayan pink salt. Place in oven for 40 minutes.
3. In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, drizzle avocado oil and add diced onions. Stir until the onions begin to brown. Turn off the heat.
4. In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, drizzle avocado oil and add sausages. Mix until lightly browned.
5. In a large bowl, beat eggs, add Himalayan pink salt and pepper to taste.
6. Add the sweet potatoes, onions, and sausage into the large bowl and mix together.
7. With a ladle, pour egg mixture evenly into the muffin liners until they are about ¾ full.
8. Bake the egg muffins for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out cleanly.
9. Enjoy immediately or place in a glass container and enjoy throughout the week!