Summer is finally here! It’s time to gather your tribe, get outside, and soak up the sun. If you have found yourself frequenting the same farmer’s markets, cafes, and hikes we’re here to switch things up!
Twilight Concert series on the Santa Monica Pier: This is one of our favorite summer traditions. Every Thursday night, from July 7th to September 8th, The Santa Monica Pier turns into a concert venue. Bring your blankets, friends, a nice rosé, and enjoy the diverse line-up with the picturesque view.
Hit the local farmer’s market: We’re so lucky to be in the center of farmer’s market mecca. From Playa Vista’s farmer’s market (located right in front of our PV location) to Main St. Santa Monica (bike valet anyone?), we have so many options. We’re making it a goal to hit each of the following farmer’s markets this summer. Who’s with us?
- Arizona Ave @ 2nd Street, Santa Monica I Wednesdays 8:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Arizona Ave @ 3rd Street, Santa Monica I Saturdays 8:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- 2640 Main Street, Santa Monica I Sundays 8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- 500 Venice Blvd, Venice | Fridays 7 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- 12775 W. Millennium Drive, Playa Vista I Sundays 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Grand View @ Venice Blvd, Mar Vista I Sundays 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. (Try CocoBakes for delicious healthy treats!)
Hike Temescal Canyon: This is one of our favorite hikes in LA. While it may be under 6 miles away from the studio, this hike really allows you to escape and get in touch with nature. You almost forget you’re in the middle of the city. The views are unparalleled and are motivation enough to get you to the top.
Rooftop Cinema in DTLA: Nothing says summer like cinema under the stars. The Rooftop Cinema Club has created the perfect ambiance to enjoy cinema al fresco, located on the rooftop of The Montalbán Theatre. Did we mention Farmer’s Belly Café is serving their farm-to-table dishes on the rooftop before the screening? So yes, comfy chairs, wireless headphones, city views, and delicious food…. you know we’ll be there.